If you’re interested in looking beyond the Redondo Beach borders, you might want to consider El Segundo. Same great weather, similar level schools and a charming community feel that Redondo can’t offer.
Welcome to El Segundo CA real estate and homes for sale. This small coastal community offers a quaint, small town atmosphere combined with a thriving business environment home to some of the region’s largest companies. El Segundo is a very popular place to purchase a home due to the small town atmosphere, proximity to the beach, and award winning schools.
There are also two rare new construction communities being build known as Waypointe townhomes and Pacific Landing single family homes. As undeveloped land is basically non-existant in the South Bay, new developements of more than just 2 or three homes is very rare.
Conveniently located just south of Los Angeles International Airport, adjacent to the Pacific Ocean, and quickly accessible to the 105 and 405 freeways, El Segundo is ideally situated between Los Angeles and the South Bay beach communities. One very nice aspect to El Segundo is that the more northern location and abundant freeway access means a much shorter commute than from Redondo Beach. I could shave off as much as 30 minutes depending on the locations.
El Segundo prides itself on its excellent schools, quality recreation programs, safe neighborhoods and unparalleled city services. Due to the proximity of LAX It is also the location for major corporations, with 13 Fortune 500 companies and a diverse mix of aerospace firms, high-tech businesses, professional service outfits, fine restaurants and retailers.
El Segundo Boundaries
- Imperial on the north
- Sepulveda on the east
- El Segundo Blvd on south
- Hyperion Water Treatment Plant on the west
- Rosecrans divides Manhattan Beach and El Segundo
- El Segundo is bordered by Manhattan Beach to the south, Hawthorne (Hollyglen and Del Aire neighborhoods) to the east and LAX to the north.
Background and History
- There are no other residential cities that are contiguous with El Segundo
- Residents have priority for recreational facilities within the city
- 2nd west coast refinery built for Chevron – City developed for workers of Chevron – 1st refinery was built up north. Name “El Segundo” stands for “the second” refinery Chevron built. Chevron has a park on the northeast corner of the refinery within the ground for employees to enjoy.
- Two Elementary – Center Street and Richmond
- One Middle School – El Segundo Middle School
- One high school – El Segundo High School
- One new private high school – Vista Mar – within El Segundo city limits (eastern side of PCH within the Wiseburn City School District
- Along Imperial majority are apartments / A few townhomes
- Imperial Ave – busy street / Imperial Way small strip of a street – See condo spotlight on Pacific Sands
- Main Street dissects the city
- West of Main older homes – first part of city developed
- Closer to Grand – multi-family
- New construction at the communities of Waypointe townhomes and Pacific Landing on the farthest north area of El Segundo.
- Condos from low $500,000’s. The lowest priced condos are generally in the Pacific Sands condo complex at 770 W Imperial
- SFR from low $900’s up to $2.7M
- Town homes low $700’s to $1.5M
- Lots of remodels
- No standard lot sizes
Want an even easier way to search for homes in El Segundo? Tell us just a bit about your dream home and we’ll customize a home search and send you FREE daily email updates.